Monday, February 13, 2012

Project 2: Concept

Technology
For the stereoscopic project, I wanted to create a video using computer generated graphics. The Sony camera technology available for use is shaky at best. In order to have complete control over the image, I'll use 3d software to produce the video. Software allows the use of virtual cameras, giving the producer full control over the ground plane and the interaxial (positive/negative space.) This control is essential with such a finicky viewing technology.
The abilities that stereo 3d brings to the image comes with several cons. Motion is compromised, framing must be reconsidered, the image is dimmed, and areas of contrast can be seen through the glasses to create ghosting. By conduction as much control as possible over the image, I'll try to work around these visual handicaps.

Form
I wanted to put a twist on 3d by representing it through elements that are, for the most part, two dimensional. I'll use two dimensional bits in a 3d space. I also want to use representations of craft objects. I plan on using elements of paper, crayons, markers, pipe cleaners, popcicle sticks, colored sand, finger paint, and yarn. Through using low tech craft/children's art products, I'll try to pull stereo 3d (a cutting edge technology) back to a simple more humble medium.

Content
For this piece, I want to usurp the point of view of a fictional character, a child of the future. I want to create a motion graphic story about a future where children live in a rapidly diminishing environment, and speak with disdain of their predecessors. There will be narration talking about a fictional future, from the point of view of a child. (This is also in line with the chosen form.) More details about the "story" to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment